"I play the notes as they are written...but it is God who makes the music." ~J.S. Bach
Bulk Blogging
I do not usually blog everyday, but when I do blog here, there may be several posts in a row...in bulk. So you may want to scroll down a bit if you don't want to miss anything. :)
Friday, February 25, 2011
In loving memory...
of my step-Grandpa. He went home to heaven today at the age of 96. He was one of the most ready-to-go-home men I've ever known. He served his Lord faithfully, even up until his last days in which he proceeded to counsel elderly folks at the homes he would occasionally visit. He pastored a church for decades, until he finally "retired," but see, when you're one who serves as he does, you never really retire. You're mind is constantly on the things of God and what His next plan for you is, no matter what the cost and how you feel. You realize that your life has purpose on this earth all the way up until the moment that God calls you home. You never give up and you never quit serving your King. And now, he's in the very presence of that King of all Kings, receiving his great reward and being told, "Well done, my good and faithful servant!" All of the sudden these trivial issues of life that we are so burdened by become meaningless in the presence of God's infinite glory and peace. My Grandpa leaves behind a wonderful legacy of spiritual training in the lives of many, as well as an example to us all as to how to stay on the path of Truth with undying faithfulness until our time on earth is done. God is good, and I choose to rejoice in my Grandpa's victorious entry into his eternal home. Although, he will be missed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm so sorry for your loss...but so thankful that he is with Jesus right now...
Prayers and sympathy for your family on the loss of your grandpa.
Very nice expose, Nancy. I appreciate it a lot. And yes, he WAS ready to go to his new home.
You and Tori did a FANTASTIC job playing your flute and violin for the service. Thanks for being willing!!
Love, Mom
Post a Comment