Bulk Blogging

I do not usually blog everyday, but when I do blog here, there may be several posts in a row...in bulk. So you may want to scroll down a bit if you don't want to miss anything. :)

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Sister Strings~ spring recital 2010

Thought I'd attempt to share a little clip of Sister Strings (SS) in her last violin recital. (This uploading videos "thing" is new for me).  Her violin teacher is accompanying her in the background, but I didn't get a picture of her this time.  SS is currently working on a new, challenging piece for district high school S&E coming in Feb. 2011.  As a 10th grader, she will not only play her piece for the judge, but she will be asked to play several scales from memory in several octaves.  She received a division 1 rating at both district and state S&E last year as a 9th grader, which was good preparation for the increased pressure to perform well this year for 10th and beyond.  The expectations increase in level of difficulty with each grade level.  We are not in it so much for the competitive aspect of it, however, but both the challenge of performing before adjudicators who will evaluate your performance as well as the opportunity to perform makes for a wonderful growing experience for any musician.  For all of you friends and family who rarely get to see her perform, here's a glimpse of where she was at as of last spring.  This year she is currently acting as "concert mistress" of her home school symphony, and she absolutely LOVES it!  It's really helping to build more confidence and boldness in her playing. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice SS! As usual! Thanks for sharing. Keep up the wonderful work! Love ya, Grandma H

Kim said...

So glad you posted this. She did an excellent job! I really enjoyed listening.

Praising Him,
Kim

Dee said...

I missed this one. Lovely playing!

Marty said...

She's really good! I enjoyed listening. =)

myfourboys:) said...

Wow, that was so awesome! How old was she when she started playing?

Nancy's Notes said...

Thanks! She started playing when she was in 5th grade. She had to beg for 2 years before we took her interest seriously. LOL Her current teacher is a BJU graduate, and she's been with her for about 3 years now.